Learn to Save a Life: First Aid for Gunshot Wounds
Time & Location
About the Event
Learn techniques anyone can use to buy the precious time needed until EMS arrives; a gunshot wound can be fatal in as little as 3 minutes. No prior first aid or medical training is needed! In the course you will learn some of the following:
- how to treat a gunshot wound to an arm or leg
- how to treat a gunshot wound to the chest or abdomen
- how to treat a gunshot wound to the head or neck
- how to control shock and place a victim into a safe position until EMS arrives
Our instructors are professionals with years of experience treating these types of injuries on city streets and the battlefield. Our special course was more than 2 years in the making, with the curriculum developed by Rick Hammesfahr, M.D., past chairman of the Curriculum and Examination Board (CEB) for the United States Special Operations Command. Under his guidance, the CEB developed Tactical Medical Emergency protocols and techniques currently being used on the battlefield today.
Guests will receive live instruction from one of our gunshot wound first aid instructors, hands-on demonstrations, and course materials.
- First Aid for Gunshot Wounds$79$790$0